A hotel in a awesome landscape, for your discovery of the Todgha gorges
Situated in Todra gorges, at the end of the road to Tamtatouchte, a traditional hotel welcomes you with all the warm Moroccan hospitality.
Along the Todgha oued (river), which cool waters flows all the year long, protected by the imposing and vertiginous cliffs of the gorges, Hotel-Restaurant Les Roches, managed by the Akkioui family, will host you for a meal, a night, or more.
You'll take your breakfast in the shadows of its terrasse, looking at the nomads bringing their goats to the river to drink, early in the morning.
By the way, one of them escaped, nine or ten years ago, maybe feeling she was going to be sold at the local market, and roasted as m'schwi. Since, she drinks in the very early hours, at dawn, and climbs back to the safety of the cliff, where she can be spot every day, but never caught !
If you intend to stay a few days, the hotel can arrange for you :
- Climbing in the mountains, under the guidance of local people. Guides are born in the area and know each rock, they speak French, English and Spanish. You can rent at the hotel the necessary gear : harnesses, carabiners, ropes, magnesia….
- Bivouac in the mountains or in the desert
- Horse riding tours
- Cross-country bicycle renting
You’ll get directions (with detailed maps), and the hotel can prepare a meal to be taken with you. They also offer trips in 4*4 and minibus. The hotel is also recommended by Lonely Planet.
Panoramic view of Hotel-Restaurant les Roches
Restauration capacity :
- Large reception tent : 140 places
- Small reception tent : 80 places
- Moroccan restaurants, two rooms, of respectively 140 and 80 places.